- 1 & 1/2 cups cream peas (or other peas)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened (I used veggie cream cheese)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipolte chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- Pulse the peas and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the spices and cream cheese, process to blend.
- Stir in the salsa (I also added some finely chopped banana peppers at this point).
- Pour mixture into a 8” square casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
This makes a very tasty dip. Adjust the chili/cayenne to suit your tastes. I also used the dip as a quesadilla filling, along with some fresh spinach – it worked great!