This recipe was inspired by one of my friends from college, who was talking about a burrito she had a Juan’s Flying Burrito in NOLA. Since sweet potatoes and kale are in season right now, I thought it was a great time to post it!
Sweet Potato – Kale Quesadillas
- One onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- One 8 oz package mushrooms (I used baby bellas), sliced
- One 8 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used kale)
- One sweet potato, cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp chipolte peppers in sauce
- Goat cheese or other cheese of your choosing
- Soft flour tortillas
Put a little olive oil in a pan. Saute the onions and garlic about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cumin, and chipolte peppers and saute until the onions are nice and soft
and the mushrooms are cooked, about 5-10 minutes. Add the sweet potato and greens and cook until warmed through.
Spread a little goat cheese on the flour tortillas, add the filling. Cook in a pan until the tortilla is nicely browned. Delicious!
Keep in mind this recipe is more of an idea than an actual recipe, and meant to be tweaked to individual tastes!