Yoga by the Dozen – A Review and Giveaway!
Even small children can enjoy yoga. In fact, their “in the moment” attitude is perfect for it. If you live somewhere that offers yoga classes for children that’s great, but a lot of areas don’t have this. Theresa Ross has a great DVD that can walk your child through 12 basic yoga moves – “Yoga By The Dozen”.
What are the benefits of yoga?
- · Increased cognitive and motor skills
- · Confidence, courage, and self-esteem
- · Balance and coordination
- · Memory retention and concentration
- · Nurture creativity and self-expression
- · Respect for themselves and each other
In the DVD, there is an initial warm-up, which can be a little difficult if you aren’t familiar with yoga poses. However, I don’t think it would take that long to get used to. After the warm-up, Theresa walks us through a pose and gives us it’s name. After that one of the children does the pose, then the entire class does it. This gives you and your child three opportunities to either observe or try the pose. For most of the poses we would do the initial walkthrough with Theresa then watch the child, then try again with the whole class. There are twelve poses in the class. After the class is over they sing a song, which is a great way to wind down.
Little Miss really enjoyed the DVD – she didn’t make it through all of the poses, but I’m hoping with time she will. Her favorite is the Dolphin pose. I imagine over time we’ll be able to get through all of them. I did the DVD with her, and I also enjoyed it. The last poses are pretty challenging – I can’t do the firefly pose, so it gives me something to work towards!
This DVD left me wishing that we could go to Theresa’s classes. Her warmth really comes through. I know my daughter and I will enjoy using this DVD as a way to spend time together.
Want to try doing yoga with your child?
BUY IT: You can buy Yoga by the Dozen here for $17.99. You can also buy yoga mats and T-shirts!
WIN IT: Theresa has graciously offered to send one lucky reader a DVD of Yoga by the Dozen!
*Please leave one comment for each entry method. On at least one of those comments leave an e-mail address so I can contact you if it is not available via your blogger profile. Contest ends Mar 4, 2011 at midnight and the winner will be announced by Mar 6th. Open U.S only.
2. Follow me on GFC, twitter or like me on facebook. (1 entry each – leave a comment below for each entry)
3. Join Yoga by the Dozen on twitter or facebook. (1 entry each – leave a comment below for each entry). Please tell them I sent you!
4. Tweet about this contest (up to 1 entry per day)
I entered the #YogabytheDozen #giveaway @FrugalGreenMom1
5. Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts (1 extra entry limit). Leave a comment below telling me which post you commented on.
6. Grab my button and post it on your blog – 2 entries. (Leave 2 comments)
**I received a Yoga by the Dozen DVD for review purposes. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. The winning comment will be chosen by random.org.**
This entry was posted in Giveaway
. Bookmark the permalink