Here in Florida Fall has been flirting with us. The evenings are getting cool, which I love. Cooler nights make me long for rich, warm soups. This hearty and think soup is absolutely delicious! If you like your soups a little thinner, feel free to add some more water.
Buffalo Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz mushrooms (baby bellas), sliced
- 3 medium stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (28 oz) organic crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chipolte chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 C buffalo wing sauce
- Put about 1 T EVOO into a large soup pot. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and celery and sauté 5 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except buffalo sauce and bring to boil. Simmer for about twenty minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Stir in buffalo wing sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
Although I didn’t try them, I bet these Bleu Cheese Biscuits would go great with this soup!