Last week, after I made that yummy eggplant parmesan, I was looking for a way to use the rest of the eggplant I had gotten. It was Asian eggplant, since I always prefer it, so I thought a peanut dressing would be great with it!
This recipe is great because you can eat it either warm or cold – I enjoyed it warm over rice when I made it, and then later used it is a great salad topper.
Eggplant with Asian Peanut Dressing
- 2 Japanese Eggplants
- 4 tsp peanut butter
- 4 tsp Bragg’s (or soy suace)
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp mirin or dry sherry
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic and red chile paste (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- Half the eggplants and slice.
- Sauté eggplant in a little coconut oil or EVOO. Add some water if you need to – eggplant will really soak up some oil! Sauté until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add the sauce to the eggplant and stir to coat.
Hope you enjoy!