This quick and easy recipe makes a great dip, or you can spread it on a tortilla, fold in half and grill for a yummy quesadilla with or without cheese! Feel free to make substitutions wherever needed. I often use it to get rid of extra beans I have, so if you don’t have a full can of beans that’s fine! It’s not the prettiest dip in the world, but it is yummy!
Black Bean Dip
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 C crushed tomatoes (or salsa)
- 1 tsp chipolte chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes, if you have some
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Let sit for about 20 minutes for flavors to mingle. Serve at room temperature with chips or veggies, or use as a quesadilla filling.