I was recently sent Briefton’s newest spiralizer. I have to say, they really listened and made a ton of improvements to it! I love that there is now a caddy for the extra blades, and the suction cup is great to keep it in place on the counter.
I took the opportunity to make a meal full of vegetables that the entire family loved! That doesn’t happen very often. My daughter is very picky when it comes to veggies, but she loved the spiralized zucchini!
- 10 ounces spinach and ricotta ravioli (We used Rana – delicious!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade of fresh basil
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the ravioli.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking until fragrant, 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the tortellini according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Scoop out some zucchini noodles, and top with the ravioli. Add additional sauce on top of the ravioli if desired and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings